Frequently asked questions
We’re here to help.
- Call us at 1 (877) 384-2575 or email us at ACPSupport@usac.org. Open 7 days a week between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET.
- Instructions to complete the Affordable Connectivity Program application online are available in English and 9 other languages.
You can apply by mail.
- Print the application (Spanish) or call 1 (877) 384-2575 to have one mailed to you.
- Mail your completed application to the address listed on page one.
If you sign up for the program, you can get a discount of up to $100 to buy a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet. To get it, you have to pay between $10.01 to $49.99 for the device. This discount is in addition to the monthly discount. You can only get one device discount per household.
Find a company near you that offers device discounts.
Some companies do not offer discounts for devices.
We’ll check every year to make sure you still qualify. If we can’t confirm you qualify, we’ll send you a letter in the mail.
Learn more about how to recertify.
- You can choose the plan that is best for you, even if it’s the same one you already have. The company that provides your internet cannot make you use a plan that is more expensive or lower quality.
- You can get access to supported internet services regardless of your credit status, past due balances, or prior debt.
- You can change internet companies or plans once a month. You don’t have to pay extra if you switch.
- You can ask for help from your internet company. If the company is unresponsive or does not help you, you can file a complaint with the FCC.
Learn more about these rules and rights.
Yes, there is another FCC program called Lifeline. It helps to lower the monthly cost of phone or internet service.
The benefits of the Lifeline Program include:
- A service discount of up to $9.25/month, or;
- A service discount of up to $34.25/month if you live on qualifying Tribal lands
Learn more about the Lifeline program.