Every year, USAC or your internet company will check to confirm you still qualify for the benefit. This process is called recertification. If you are required to respond to a recertification notice and do not timely respond, you will lose your ACP benefit and your ACP internet service may be terminated or your bill may increase.
- If USAC is confirming your continued eligibility for the ACP:
- If USAC can confirm you still qualify through an automated database, there is nothing else that you need to do to confirm your continued eligibility for the ACP.
- If USAC cannot confirm you still qualify through an automated database, you will receive a letter in the mail to help you recertify. You may also receive additional reminders by e-mail, mail, or pre-recorded messages on your phone. When you are asked to recertify you must do so within 60 days, or you will lose your ACP benefit.
- If your ACP service provider is responsible for confirming your continued eligibility, your service provider will contact you about the steps you will need to take.
If USAC Sends You a Letter
If you are asked to recertify because USAC could not confirm your continued eligibility through an automated database, you will receive a written letter from USAC’s ACP Support Center notifying you that you need to recertify. USAC will start the 2023 recertification process in June.
The notice will say:
- You have to recertify
- You have 60 days to respond
What to Do If Asked to Recertify
There are three ways to recertify for ACP.
This option is only available if you DO NOT have to provide proof documentation.
Call (877) 384-2470, enter in the application ID number included in your letter, and follow the prompts.
Log in or create a new account to complete the ACP recertification form online.
Complete the ACP Recertification Form: English, Spanish (Recertification Form Instructions) and sent it with copies of your proof documentation (if required) to:
ACP Support Center
PO Box 9100
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18773
If You Don’t Respond On Time
If you don’t respond by the deadline, you will lose your ACP benefit. This means your monthly bill may increase or your internet service may end.
If you lose your discount (or if your service ends) but you think you still qualify, you can reapply to get ACP.
Need Help? Email us at ACPSupport@usac.org or call (877) 384-2575.